Zucchini and ricotta antipasti
Another wonderful recipe by Gordon Ramsey: fresh, fragrant and good looking zucchini rolls. It is play perfectly together with balsamic beetroot and blue cheese salad.
- 4 small zucchini
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon for juice
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 handful toasted pine nuts
- Take 4 fresh, uncrippled zucchini, wash them and cut off the ends.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise
- You have to make 24 thin strips.
- Grease the large plate, pan or oven-tray by olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season it with salt and pepper.
- Lay the strips flat, trying not to overlap.
- Sprinkle with more oil and balsamic, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 20 mins.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and mix.
- Add the toasted pine nuts.
- Add the crushed basil leaves and mix well.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the ricotta filling on the end of the zucchini strips.
- Roll the zucchini strips and arrange them separately onto plate. Serve with freshly ground black pepper and balsamic vinegar.