The secret of this slow cooked turkey thighs recipe is in 2 things, the marinade and the time it cooked.
Marinading turkey thighs
The marinade consists of opposites and its primer is white rice vinegar while Worcestershire sauce and the mustard gives it’s unique taste. And the longer you have it in the marinade the better (up to 1 day).
The cook time
In this recipe we are cooking the meal for a long time with a relatively small temperature. You have to remember to close the foil properly in order to preserve amazing fine texture of the meat.
Slow cooked Turkey thighs
- 2.5 кг Turkey Thighs
- 3 Onions
- 9 cloves garlic
- 6 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard with seeds Dijon mustard without seeds can be used
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 6 oz white rice vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- Clean the turkey and dry it. Prepare all of the marinade ingredients together.
- Mince garlic, and add all other marinade ingredients.
- Mix them well
- Place the turkey in the container (in my case a large pot) and pure the marinade over it. If you do not have a container that will encapsulate the marinade close to the meat, use a large plastic bag as a Cooking bag.
- Massage the meat slightly to make sure that the marinade covers all parts
- Leave for at least an hour, or over night for better taste
- Slice Onion, an put it over some aluminium foil
- Get the meat out of the marinade and put it over the onion.
- Cover with foil and cook for 2 hours at 165C
- Before serving check that the meat is cooked enough, but slinging near the bone, or in the most thick section.
- Slice a think section of the meat on to a plate while it's just our of the over and is still hot.